Jet that flew Duterte to The Hague also used frequently by President Marcos, says Imee

A private jet used to transport former President Rodrigo Duterte to the Netherlands for his International Criminal Court (ICC) case has caught attention after being linked to frequent use by President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.

During a Senate hearing on Thursday, Senator Imee Marcos questioned why the Gulfstream G550 with tail number RP-C5219 is often seen being used by the President—even though the Air Force already has a designated presidential plane.

“Madalas gamitin ang eroplano nito ng ating Pangulo at pinagtatakahan namin kasi napaka-istrikto ng security para sa Pangulo, hindi po ba?” Imee said. “At alam natin na mayroon din namang presidential plane ang Air Force kaya ito nga nagiging himala kung bakit iba ang ginagamit.”

She said the jet was used as recently as March 28 for a flight to Laoag and again on March 30 for a return trip to Manila. Imee also pointed out that the aircraft had previously landed in Davao, Tawi-Tawi, and Palawan, citing military sources and news clippings.

“Hindi ito ‘yung kauna-unahang pagkakataon na ginamit ng Pangulo Bongbong itong eroplanong ‘to,” she added.

Flight records from March 6 also showed the same jet flew to Cauayan, Isabela—the same day Marcos visited the collapsed Cabagan-Sta. Maria Bridge.

Senator Marcos said she’s been trying to determine who owns the aircraft and how it ended up flying Duterte to The Hague after his arrest. However, no representative from the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) was present to provide answers.

“Sino nga ba ang may-ari nitong aircraft na ito at anong kompanya ‘to na nagcha-charter or nagle-lease out?” she asked, noting that Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla said the trip was covered by the Office of the President.

“Nasaan ang bid documents?… kahit pinakamabilis, it takes several days to complete,” she said. “Eh biglang sinasabi, they only knew of the warrant of arrest at 3 a.m. of March 11.”

Meanwhile, Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa suggested the Senate forward its findings to U.S. President Donald Trump, citing a U.S. executive order that penalizes those aiding ICC probes against American allies.

“Siguro naman it’s a moral obligation of this committee also to share our findings… kung sinoman ang may ari ng Gulfstream na ito na eroplano, kung may ari-arian ito sa Amerika ay covered sya sa Executive Order,” he said.

“Prepare for the repercussions of his actions,” he added.

Duterte was flown to The Hague shortly after his arrest and is currently detained at Scheveningen Prison. He appeared via video before the ICC on March 14, where charges related to drug war killings under his administration were formally presented. A confirmation of charges hearing is set for September 23, 2025.

As of writing, Malacañang has not commented on the matter.